What do Pharmacy Technicians do?
1. Pharmacy Technicians work under the direct supervision and control of a licensed pharmacist.
2. They perform repetitive, basic routine tasks related to the processing of a prescription in a pharmacy.
3. Pharmacy Technicians may: count tablets; measure, mix, pour and record amounts and dosages of medications; label bottles; and package pharmaceuticals.
4. Pharmacy Technicians typically work in retail or hospital settings that are clean, organized, well-lit andwell-ventilated. They spend most of their work day ontheir feet and may work 8 hours or more per day.
Cost of Program
$1799 Early Bird includes book, lab coat, and computer classes
$1999 Regular includes book, lab coat, and computer classes
Quick Occupational Facts for the OC:
Average Wage: $17.31/hr. Job Openings 2010-2018: 3,310 (Source: www.labormarketinfo.edd.ca.gov )
HB Adult School Offers: 12 Week Program Monday - Thursday afternoon’s all materials and uniform provided.
Is This Job for Me? The job of Pharmacy Technician will appeal to those who enjoy working with people and performing duties that are organized, clearly defined, and require accuracy and attention to detail.
Students must have the following:
A high school diploma with verification through both an official diploma and corresponding transcript(s) or a passing score on the GED Clear criminal history based on submitting fingerprints through the Live Scan process.
What Will I Learn?
· Knowledge and understanding of different pharmacy practice settings.
· Knowledge and understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a
pharmacy technician and knowledge of standards and ethics, laws and
regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
· Knowledge and ability to identify and employ pharmaceutical and medical
terms, and record keeping of medications. Knowledge of and the ability to
carry out calculations required for common dosage determination.
· Knowledge and understanding of the identification of drugs, drug dosages,
routes of administration, dosage forms and storage requirements.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform the manipulative and record-keeping
functions involved in and related to dispensing prescriptions.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform procedures and techniques relating to
manufacturing, packaging, and labeling of drug products.
Make sure to register for Early Bird (if registered and paid 7 days prior to start of program) and save.
12 Week Morning Program Complete training in our 12 week, Monday through Thursday mornings program and you will be ready to register with the state of California to be a registered Pharmacy Technician. Word 1 & Excel 1 computer classes required for completion. 16 Week Evening program complete training in our 16 week, Tuesday through Thursday evening program and you will be ready to register with the state of California to be a registered Pharmacy Technician.
Classes are located at our Huntington Beach Adult School main campus
Address: 17231 Gothard Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
For more information contact Pamela Canlas, Program Coordinator at email@example.com