How to Enroll @ HBAS
There are different ways to enroll @ HBAS depending on the class or program you're joining.
Community Enrichment and Individual Computer Classes
Career Technical Education (CTE)
2. Attend Orientation Session
3. Register Online for classes
Diploma & GED
2. Meet with Guidance Specialist to choose a course of study
English as a Second Language (ESL)
All about Orientation
At HBAS, our first goal is to help our students reach their goals. This means providing support and guidance from start to finish. That's why we revamped our enrollment process to start our students off on the right foot.
When students enroll in our Career Tech, High School Diploma, GED and ESL Programs, they first attend an orientation. During the interactive session (usually 3-4 hours), students will:
- Fill out an online form to enroll at HBAS.
- Take a basic skills test to determine class level and if academic support is needed.
- Learn about our school and the programs and support services we offer.
- Discuss common challenges and tips for success in the classroom and workplace.
We want students to be prepared for success at HBAS and beyond. An incoming ESL student shared about the experience:
"I feel very lucky receiving this priceless and professional orientation about finding my career, personal and academic goals, besides my personal growth. Starting over in a new environment becomes an interesting challenge for all of us. There are many variables in the equation, this is a clue solving the answers. Thank all of HBAS team-members."
When & Where?
We host orientations every week at our main campuses in English, Spanish and Vietnamese.* We also offer a self-paced orientation in Tagalog, Arabic, Korean, and Mandarin. Check out our calendar for upcoming orientations. The sessions typically last between 3 to 4 hours.
- Mondays: 11:30am & 3:30pm @ Westminster Mall - English, Diploma & GED
- Tuesdays: 9:00am & 4:00pm @ BESST Center - English and Spanish*
- Wednesdays: 11:30am & 4:00pm @ Westminster High School - Spanish and Vietnamese*
- Thursdays: 9:30am & 4:00pm @ Gothard Campus: Spanish and Vietnamese*
- Fridays: 9:30am @ Gothard Campus: English, CTE only (Information Session @ 8:30am)**
* For sites with 2 languages, the languages offered rotate each week from morning to evening sessions.
** CTE orientations take place twice a month
There is no advanced sign-up for orientation: just show up! As there are limited seats for each session, we recommend arriving at least 15 minutes early to secure your spot.