Our counselor, Ashley Nguyen is here to help. Ashley happily makes herself available to students who are struggling to meet their educational goals due to both academic and non-academic reasons. No issue is too small or too large to talk to Ashley about. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology and Social Behavior and a Master of Arts degree in Educational Counseling with a Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Counseling. She is able to connect students with support services in their community in order to quickly get them back on the path to success. She also provides valuable workshops that encourage, motivate, instill confidence, and reinforce positive self-esteem. Ashley is a great listener and passionate about helping students succeed!
Why see a Counselor?
- Counseling offers a chance to explore areas of life that can bring more personal satisfaction and confidence.
- Helps students sort through personal difficulties and recognize the parts of their lives that are going well.
- Helps students identify strengths they already have to motivate and encourage progress.
- Strengths can be nurtured to become the tools for change, and to add clarity to life and ultimately benefit the student and others.
- Counseling to develop successful life skills
- Goal setting assistance
- Strategies to promote academic achievement (motivation, study skills, effective communication, etc.)
- Solution focused problem solving
- Stress management
- Connect students with community resources and referrals
Resources for Students